Patients on long term medication can order repeat prescriptions in the following ways:
- In person – clearly mark the items required on the repeat slip attached to your last prescription and post it in the inside letterbox at the surgery.
- By post – send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you.
- By phone (emergencies only) – between 11:00 – 14:00
- Online – follow the link at the top of this page to complete a simple registration for our online service.
- Via a chemist – ask your local chemist about their ordering and collection services.
To avoid wastage please only order the medicines that you need.
Order Repeat Prescriptions Online
Order Repeat Prescriptions Online here www.myvisiononline.co.uk
- New users are required to register for online services. This system enables you to see a copy of the current repeat medication that has been authorised for you by the doctor and for which you have not yet used the quota of issues before the doctor needs to review your medication
- To register for online services please fill in the online form here in order to receive an electronic letter to your registered email address (Please ensure that you check your Inbox and Junk Mail Box regularly for the letter). Once you have received your letter simply follow the 'How to Complete your Registration Guide'. Remember there is no need to register more than once, registering online will include access to online appointments
- Patients are advised that in order to activate and access your Repeat Prescriptions online, photographic proof of identification will need to be presented in person at your GP Practice.
- Should you experience any problems please refer to the 'Patient Frequently Asked Questions' Guide.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Please 24 hours for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.